Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Birthday


Hi everyone.  Bonnie here from Really Reasonable Ribbon today with another of my 'quick to assemble' birthday cards.  I'm doing really well with 'on time' cards this year, so I'm trying to get a little ahead of the game.  You can really never have too many birthday cards ready to roll.


I just got a new long Spellbinders 'A Gilded Life' Die and it's great for weaving ribbon through.  Isn't it pretty?  I wove 5/8" Grape Checkerboard Ribbon through the holes and I added a perfect little bow to the center that I created with my Bow-it-All V2.0 Tool.  I.LOVE.THIS.TOOL!!  I use it on ALL my projects.


While I like to stamp and color images, I find that with my busy schedule, I really don't have time for that very often any more.  I like to keep lots of fun digital images on hand for a quick card.  This image is from an Etsy seller Cobra Graphics and they are actually small circles meant for jewelry making, but they are high resolution and if you have a program that you can use to enlarge them, they are great for cards too.

The birthday sentiment was made on my computer using the Simple Kind of Girl font.  It's framed by a Spellbinder Back to Basics Tag and I used a little Violet Burlap String wrapped around the sides of the card as an accent.  This fun Burlap String is available in ten great colors!


Here is a peek at the inside sentiment which is from Create with TLC.  I added just a little strip of the vertical stripe design paper to accent the bottom.


There are lots of people on Etsy selling digital graphics including two of our Design Team girls.  Be sure to check out Ginny's Polly's Paper Studio and Heather's MyArtisticAdventures Shop on Etsy for some great digi sheets, especially if you like vintage images.  They have lots of great collage sheets. 

Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy your holiday weekend.  I hope you can squeeze in some crafty time!!

~ Bonnie ~

4 comments :

  1. WAW it's gorgeous in purple!

    Greetings,
    Ne-Ja

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and pretty, Bonnie! Love the purple and gray combo! MIss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie this card is soooooo gorgeous! I am loving every single detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this card is gorgeous. Love that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say