Friday, August 8, 2014

Good Old Sport Birthday Card

Hello, Friends! If you're looking for a good combination of ribbon and paper for masculine cards, I have a duo that really works, especially if you have a sports lover in your family!  I know a lot of people struggle when it comes to using ribbon on a masculine card, but I have found that as long as you keep it simple, ribbon and twine add a lot of wonderful texture and visual interest.






I made this card for our son's 30th birthday.  Football is his favorite sport, and blue is his favorite color.  I used the very festive and masculine Navy Blue Stars on Off White Grosgrain Ribbon above and below the belly band on this card.   I wrapped  Navy Burlap String around the top of the card and also used it to string my banner.  The sentiment was stamped in Cobalt Archival Ink using Fiskars "Make a Wish" birthday stamps. It's a straightforward manly card. 



I cut a little fishtail on the end of each ribbon, just for fun!  Here's a peeky at the inside.


The sentiment is from the same birthday set, and I just layered a few papers from the collection on the inside.  Sorry about the hand written note...I forgot to photograph before I signed the card!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

2 comments :

  1. Wow what a great card and yes it is tough to come up with a great masculine card and I think you knocked this one out of the parkI Happy Bday to you son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deborah! It was very easy to put together! It's hard to believe I have a 30 year old son! LOL

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say