Friday, November 14, 2014

Waste Not...Want Not









Hello there!  Friday, Friday, Friday.....you are here!  Which means it is my day here at the RRR blog.  You know me and my love of spools of all sorts.....wood, knitting, and even old ribbon spools.  This one is no exception!   I love the old kraft color of this one so I recycled it along with the recycling of green stems that I gathered and saved up from my berry stems (from RRR) .  I took the green stems and wound them together to create a wreath of sorts.  While this takes some time, I enjoyed it.  I know...I am strange like that.
 
Once I had the "wreath" connected together I added individual berry spray clusters to around the wreath to add color.  I then added it along with my image to my glitter star for my layers that I love so!  I added several ribbons....the more the merrier.  I used burlap center stitch in redred gingham 3/8 , and seam bindings both in lipstick red and moss green.  To the center of my ribbons I added a mini tag, greenery, and more berry clusters. 

The spool itself when I bought it already had the red twine wrapped around it and so I left it for color and added some cute Fancy Pants Christmas tickets to the base along with some handmade sewn crepe paper for some fullness.  Hope you enjoy ....I think it is pretty festive and deserves the blog title "Waste not want not" !  hugs, cherry

3 comments :

  1. Great use of the stems! The wreath is sweet on this beautiful holiday decor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Just Gorgeous!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say