Saturday, March 7, 2015

Steampunk Style Altered Letter

Steampunk Style Altered Letter: "G" is for Gloria

Hello, Friends! I hope you are all enjoying a sunny Saturday morning! I have something a little different and really fun to share with you today.  It's a steampunk style altered letter that makes a great home decor piece and a wonderful personal gift.  Take a look:

G is for Gloria 01


Let me tell you....this was one FUN project to create! I made it for my dear friend Gloria...who had a "landmark" birthday in February. I started with a simple 6" tall white wooden letter...can you believe it? I love the metallic look I was able to create with embossed papers, DecoArt Treasure Chalk Paint, Copper Dazzling Metallic Paint, clear embossing powder, fun embellies and luxurious variegated Copper Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

G is for Gloria 04


Just look at the lustre and shine of this amazing bow! Although this ribbon is fairly thick, it ties beautifully with a little help from the Zutter Bow-it-All! I added a little of my faithful Natural Jute String on top to provide some texture and contrast.

G is for Gloria 07


I just can't get over how this ribbon is the perfect match for the metallic and chalk paints! Once again, the ribbon and trims are the elements that make this steampunk altered letter really special! If you haven't ever made one of these, you should give it a try...but be warned...it's kind of addictive!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,

kathy

4 comments :

  1. This is absolutely stunning Kathy!!! Love every little detail on this piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! you did it again. absolutely gorgeous. I was amazed that the ribbon and rose painted matched so well. Like they were made for each other. An your letter too. just a super creation....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Samra and Pattie! This was a super fun project to make, and the ribbon really did pull it all together. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say